M.A.C have released another collection for Summer 2012 titled Fashion Sets - there is much to be excited about with these trios.
When I saw that the M.A.C Fashion Set collection were trio sets featuring their best selling lipsticks – with the addition of a matching lipglass and nail lacquer I flat out screamed with joy.
I have always coveted the famous magazine editor of yesterday Ita Buttrose’s signature look of matching her lipstick to her nail polish – it looks so chic and makes you look so put together and co-ordinated.
There are 16 sets in total with three of them being new colours and limited edition - ‘Razzledazzler,‘ ‘Chestnut,’ and ‘Spice.’
‘Spice’ and ‘Chestnut’ are lip liners that are best sellers – however, this is the first time they have been formulated as a lipstick and into a lipglass.
The availability of the sets are divided up into regional areas across the globe. The sets chosen for the regions are claimed to be regionally inspired and have the best selling lipstick in those areas. Oddly though – the entire sixteen sets are available online, but in retail stores you will only receive the sets in accordance to your region.
For example, in the United States will only get the North America sets in store – and you have the option of purchasing the remaining nine sets featured in other regions on the M.A.C website.
You might be interested to know a little more about what lip products sell the best in M.A.C internationally – see below for the top selling shades and countries where they rank #1:
- Spice – a best-selling lip pencil in Canada, Brazil, Italy, Mexico, UK, Venezuela, Chile, Peru, Argentina, Philippines, Singapore, Spain, Portugal, Thailand, India, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Kuwait, Bahrain, Lebanon, Oman, United Arab Emirates and Travel Retail.
- Myth – #1 selling lipstick in Russia, Ukraine, Poland, Estonia and Finland.
- Russian Red – #1 selling lipstick in Australia, New Zealand, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, Austria, Singapore and Venezuela.
- Snob – #1 selling lipstick in Brazil, Mexico, Chile, Peru, Argentina and Travel Retail.
- Chestnut – #1 selling lip pencil in the US.
Let’s get into the colours! Below are the sixteen featured shades in the M.A.C Fashion Set collection:
- Saint Germain - Light cool pink (Permanent)
- Myth - Light neutral nude (Permanent)
- Angel - Light warm pink (Permanent)
- Razzledazzler - Light cream peach (Limited Edition)
- Snob - Light neutral pink (Permanent)
- Please Me - Mid-tone warm pink (Permanent)
- Pink Nouveau - Mid-tone cool pink (Permanent)
- Ravishing - Mid-tone neutral peach (Permanent)
- Peachstock - Light peachy nude (Permanent)
- Impassioned - Bright warm pink (Permanent)
- Morange - Bright cream orange (Permanent)
- Spice - Mid-tone neutral nude (Limited Edition)
- Girl About Town - Bright blue fuchsia (Permanent)
- Russian Red - Mid-tone neutral red (Permanent)
- Rebel - Mid-tone cream plum (Permanent)
- Chestnut - Rich chocolate brown (Limited Edition)
North America: Myth, Snob, Spice, Girl About Town, Russian Red, Rebel, and Chestnut.
Asia Pacific: Peachstock, Razzledazzler, Ravishing, Angel, Saint Germain, Morange, and Impassioned.
Europe/Africa: Myth, Spice, Saint Germain, Morange, Impassioned, Russian Red, and Rebel.
Latin America/Middle East: Snob, Please Me, Pink Nouveau, Morange, Impassioned, Girl About Town, and Russian Red.
Check out Temptalia’s video review below of the entire sixteen Fashion Sets – with swatches – check out her website for more photos and full detailed reviews on individual products.
You don’t have to buy the full sets – you can buy the products individually.
I own several of the permanent lipsticks already. I am most excited about the ‘Angel’, ‘Girl About Town’, ‘RazzleDazzler’, ‘Rebel’ and ‘Spice’ sets.
The lipsticks and lipglasses cost $14.50 USD and the nail lacquers retail at $16.00 USD.
What do YOU think of the M.A.C Fashion Sets collection? Will you be buying anything from this collection?