Kylie Jenner has unintentionally started a makeup craze even sister Kim Kardashian is envious of.
Kylie Jenner the youngest and most stylistically edgy of the Jenner sister’s has been spotted rocking a much fuller lip as of late – sparking rumours she’s had lip injections.
She refutes this claim and has put the look down to very cleverly applied lip products.
In a recent Kim Kardashian interview conducted by YouTube makeup artists PixiWoo (and creators of affordable makeup brushes Real Techniques) Kim reveals which lip product Kylie Jenner used to create the now iconic makeup look which throws back to the 90’s grunge era.
I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the lip product Kylie uses to create a full, 90s, ‘my lips but better’ look was a liner I already had in my collection – M.A.C ‘Soar’ Lipliner.
I purchased ‘Soar’ in Atlanta last year after being dissatisfied with how the iconic Kim Kardashian lip combination of M.A.C ‘Stripdown’ and M.A.C ‘Angel’ lipstick looked together on my lips. The MUA suggested ‘Soar’ was a much better liner for my lip colour and to blend with ‘Angel’ – and she couldn’t have been more correct.
M.A.C ‘Soar’ is described on the website as a ‘mid-tone pinkish brown.’ It’s soft but not too soft and has excellent staying power as the day goes on. It was previously reported that Jenner wore M.A.C ‘Whirl’ on the lips which was corrected in the above interview by Kim.
Kylie Jenner overdraws her natural lip line with ‘Soar’ creating a more full pout.
How To Get The Kylie Jenner Lip Look
- Moisturize lips with lip balm while applying the rest of your makeup.
- Remove excess lip balm with tissue by blotting.
- Take M.A.C ‘Soar’ lip liner and start to draw onto your lips in feathering strokes from the corners of the top lip and work your way across till most of your top lip is full. Kylie doesn’t draw a distinguished cupid’s bow she goes straight across – but draw whatever best suits your lips.
- Apply lip liner carefully to the bottom lip and press both lips together to evenly distribute the product. If you believe the lip liner is too dark or intense simple grab a tissue and blot off the excess.
- It is up to you whether you want a really sharp lip edge like Kylie Jenner’s if you want a more blended look simply soften the edges with your pinkie finger.
- Pout and take a Kylie Jenner selfie!
If you want to get your hands on ‘Soar’ or ‘Whirl’ you might be in for quite a wait – they’ve sold out online and in many M.A.C retailers in the UK, USA and Australia.
If you’d like to copy the look on the cheap I recommend you try (or look in your collection) the/for NYX Slim Lip Pencil in ‘831 Mauve’ for $3.50 USD.
I love the Kylie Jenner lip look and find that it’s perfect to wear to work as it lasts for many hours, fades evenly, looks polished and is low maintenance. You can also experiment with different lip liner colours if 90’s grunge doesn’t float your boat.
Want to keep up Kylie’s ever changing style? Check out her Instagram.
Let me know if you’ve tried to re-create the Kylie Jenner lip look and which products you used in the comments and share this post on social media if you know others who covet this gorgeous lip look!